Saturday, January 2, 2010

Preview Chapter 27 Only At Night

Suddenly I was feeling a bit nauseous, flushed, a little lightheaded. I really should have eaten lunch before the ceremony. The champagne on an empty stomach coupled with all the excitement and having my family all together, was getting to me.

"I need to use the ladies room before we join the others."

"Yeah, ok, I'll meet you right back here in the hall way."

Maybe if I splashed some cool water on my face, I'd be ok. Each step I took into the opulent hotel ladies room, I felt my legs weakening and the room began to spin. Everything was getting fuzzy, out of focus. Reaching out for the sink I frantically grabbed at the porcelain to remain standing. Trying to focus on my features in the mirror, I realized, this wasn't the effects of champagne on an empty stomach. Oh shit, my clammy hands began to loosen on the cold hard sink as I watched my pale face lose its remaining color and knew I was in serious trouble, Then I saw him in the mirror behind me, just as I began to lose consciousness. I tried to cream, I tried to open my mouth and form the words, but I heard nothing as the blackness crept in and his dark features blurred until there was only darkness.

Jacob.

I barely registered the feeling of falling, being caught in strong arms that were all wrong, not the ones that normally held me, comforted me. Then nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment